Applied Parameters: Kind=PCBView
Displaying your board in 3D is the closest thing to having the real board in your hands, and all before sending it for a prototyping spin. However, the beauty of having the physical board in your hands is that you can naturally turn and rotate the board to view it from different perspectives. To accommodate similar ability in the design space, Altium NEXUS provides a set of predefined views when viewing your board (or library components) in 3D. Use this feature to change the 3D view, which enables you to quickly appreciate the fruit of your design labor from various popular viewpoints.
This feature is available in the PCB Editor (from the PCB Standard toolbar) and the PCB Library Editor (from the PCB Lib Standard toolbar) provided the editor is set to the 3D viewing mode.
Accessing the Change 3D View feature from the Standard toolbar in PCB and PCB Library Editors.
Use the drop-down field to choose from the following predefined views:
- Top Side - view the board directly from above.
- Bottom Side - view the board from the bottom (or its solder side).
- Front Edge - view the board from its front edge (or along the positive Y-axis).
- Back Edge - view the board from its back edge (or along the negative Y-axis).
- Left Edge - view the board from the left side (or along the positive X-axis).
- Right Edge - view the board from the right side (or along the negative X-axis).
- Isometric - view the board in isometric projection.