Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to add a new component to the current document.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Library Editor in the following ways:
- Choose Tools » New Component from the main menus.
- Click the button on the Utility Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Right-click and choose Tools » New Component from the context menu.
After launching the command, the New Component dialog will open. Use this dialog to give the component a suitable name. After clicking OK, a new component with this name will be created in the library and an empty component sheet is opened and made active in the main design window.
You are now set to proceed with defining the new component. To summarize, this involves the following steps:
- Define the component body using the various drawing objects available.
- Place the component pins.
- If you are creating a multi-part component, add the additionally required parts to the component and repeat the above steps to create the symbols for all parts in the component.
- Set the component's properties.
- Save the component sheet to save the component in the library.
- Schematic component library (*.SchLib) sizes are virtually unlimited and are only restricted by available memory.