Applied Parameters: None
This command allows you to quickly find specific text, or partial text, in accordance with defined search options, then replace that text with specified new text.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor and the Schematic Library Editor, by:
- Choosing the Edit » Replace Text command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+H keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the Find And Replace Text dialog will appear. Use this dialog to specify the existing text to find, and the replacement text to be used, along with scoping and additional options. Once ready, click OK. All target text will be replaced, unless the Prompt On Replace option is enabled in the dialog - which will allow you to manually confirm replacement of each instance of matching text.
- The target string can contain the wildcard characters ? (single character) and * (any group of characters).
- You can only search within or across schematic documents or schematic library documents - not a combination of the two document types.
- In the Schematic Library Editor, a Sheet Scope of Current Document will perform a search through all part sheets contained in the document.