Applied Parameters: DocumentKind=Schematic|ObjectKind=SheetSymbol
This command is used to rename the child schematic sheet referenced by the chosen sheet symbol.
This command is accessed in the Schematic Editor, by choosing the Design » Rename Child Sheet command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair, and you will be prompted to choose a sheet symbol. Position the cursor over the sheet symbol whose referenced schematic child sheet you wish to rename, and click, or press Enter.
The Rename Child Sheet dialog will appear. Use this dialog to specify the new name for the schematic sheet, making sure to keep the .SchDoc extension. Also determine how the renaming should proceed - the scope of the operation - from the following options:
- Rename the child sheet, and update all sheet symbols on source schematics in the active project that point to this sheet. The File Name field for each sheet symbol will be updated to reflect the newly named child sheet.
- Rename the child sheet, and update all sheet symbols on source schematics across all open projects, that point to this sheet. The File Name field for each sheet symbol will be updated to reflect the newly named child sheet.
- Take a copy of the child sheet to use, leaving the original sheet intact. Only the chosen sheet symbol is updated using this option. The File Name field for the sheet symbol will be updated to reference the copied child sheet.
- Taking a copy of the child sheet is useful when the current child sheet is referenced by multiple sheet symbols, and one sheet symbol needs to reference a modified version of the circuitry contained on that sheet. You still want to keep the original sheet, you are simply creating a renamed copy of this sheet with which to point to from a single sheet symbol. You can then modify the content of the copied sheet as required.
- To ensure that the newly-named child sheet is correctly inserted into the design hierarchy of each affected project - reflected in the Projects panel - either opt to automatically compile after the renaming process finishes, or recompile manually thereafter.