Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to change the selection status of one or more design objects, in the current document. The command is used to change the status for one object at a time and not a group of objects simultaneously.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor and the Schematic Library Editor, by:
- Choosing the Edit » Select » Toggle Selection command, from the main menus.
- Choosing the Edit » DeSelect » Toggle Selection command, from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Toggle Selection command () on the Active Bar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter toggle selection mode. Simply position the cursor over an object in the design and click or press Enter to change its selection status.
Continue changing the selection status of further objects, or right-click or press Esc to exit toggle selection mode.
- You can also toggle the selection status of a single object, without affecting the status of other objects, by positioning the cursor over the object and clicking (provided the Click Clears Selection option is disabled on the Schematic - Graphical Editing page of the Preferences dialog). If the Click Clears Selection option is enabled, simply position the cursor over the object and use Shift+Click.
- If it is desirable to limit specific objects from being inadvertently selected, you can optionally specify that certain objects can only be selected through Shift+click operations. This setting can be found on the Schematic - Graphical Editing page of the Preferences dialog. Click the Primitives button to configure which objects require Shift to be held during selection.