Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Note item list object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). Note Item lists can be placed as free text entries in any location. In addition, entries in the list can be referenced by Callouts.
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Annotations » Note command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Note command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Annotations » Note command from the context menu.
After launching the command, a default Note item list will appear floating on the cursor. Position the list as desired and click to effect placement. If your Draftsman document has multiple sheets, you can simply zoom out and move the list to the intended sheet, while it is still floating on the cursor.
- A Note item list can be graphically modified after placement. Click and drag the list to move it to a different location within the current sheet. Click on it to select it - editing handles will appear at its vertices. Click and drag a handle to resize the list as required.
- Most aspects of a placed Note item list are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed Note item list to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the Note item list to access it. To view/modify the properties of a specific note in the list, simply click to select that entry in the list. The Selected Element region of the Properties panel will update to reflect the properties for that entry accordingly.
- Any number of note entries can be added to a Note item list.
- If multiple Note item lists are placed within the same sheet of a Draftsman document, numbering will automatically be assigned based on list position. A top-to-bottom, left-to-right approach is taken when considering list position, and numbering is adjusted accordingly if a list is moved to alter its position.