Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Center Mark on Circle or Arc objects in the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). When placed, the Center Mark object detects and locks to the center point (radius origin) of the Circle or Arc and is then available as a reference location for placed dimension objects.
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Annotations » Center Mark command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Center Mark command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Annotations » Center Mark command from the context menu.
When the command is launched, the cursor will change to a crosshair indicating Center Mark placement mode. Hover the cursor over a Circle or Arc outline to snap the crosshair to its center then click the highlighted outline to confirm the placement of the Center Mark object.
- Center Marks placed on a drawing document are available for dimension bindings. When placing Linear or Ordinate dimensions, select the highlighted dot at intersection of the Center Mark cross as a dimension reference node.
- The line style and color of a Center Mark’s indicator cross are available as settings in the Properties panel. The panel also includes a Rotation property that can be used to document the angular placement.