Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Center Mark on Circle or Arc objects in the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). When placed, the Center Mark object detects and locks to the center point (radius origin) of the Circle or Arc and is then available as a reference location for placed dimension objects.
For a high-level look at how the Altium Draftsman Drawing System provides an interactive approach to the creation of production documentation for your PCBs, see Draftsman
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Annotations » Center Mark command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Center Mark command () on the Active Bar.
If the command has been recently used from the Active Bar, it will become the active/visible button. Where other commands are available, this is indicated by a triangle at the bottom-right corner of the button. Click and hold on the active button to access a menu of all associated commands for that grouping.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Annotations » Center Mark command from the context menu.
When the command is launched, the cursor will change to a crosshair indicating Center Mark placement mode. Hover the cursor over a Circle or Arc outline to snap the crosshair to its center then click the highlighted outline to confirm the placement of the Center Mark object.
- Center Marks placed on a drawing document are available for dimension bindings. When placing Linear or Ordinate dimensions, select the highlighted dot at intersection of the Center Mark cross as a dimension reference node.
- The line style and color of a Center Mark’s indicator cross are available as settings in the Properties panel. The panel also includes a Rotation property that can be used to document the angular placement.