Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to paste the contents of the CAMtastic Editor's internal clipboard into a CAM document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Paste command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the CAMtastic Standard toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+V (or Shift+Insert) keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that the document you are pasting into is not the original document from which the clipboard contents were copied, or cut from.
After launching the command, the contents of the clipboard will appear floating, ready for placement. Simply move the cursor until the object(s) are in the required position, and click to effect placement.
- The object(s) to be pasted will not be floating directly on the cursor. The reference point for the original copy, or cut, is taken as the origin point of the originating document. Therefore, the actual contents of the clipboard may appear at some distance from the cursor, and you will need to zoom out in order to see them.
- Altium NEXUS does not use the Windows clipboard for normal cut/copy and paste operations in CAM documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal CAMtastic Editor clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by other Altium NEXUS editors. You can only cut/copy and paste between CAM documents.