Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to measure and display the shortest distance between any two nets in the current document.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Analysis » Measure » Net to Net command from the main menus.
First, ensure that the CAMtastic panel is visible and that the netlist for the design is available (on the Nets tab of the panel). You may need to extract the netlist first.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small square, and you will enter measurement mode. Measurement involves the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor over an object that resides in the required first net and click.
- Move the cursor over an object in the required second net and click again. A visual connecting line will appear at the location where the distance between the two nets is the shortest.
- Measurement information will appear on the Info tab of the CAMtastic panel, reporting this shortest point-to-point distance, the coordinates of the start and end points of the connecting line, the X and Y distances, and the angle created from the horizontal.
- Continue measuring the distance between other nets, or press Esc to exit measurement mode.
- All measurement information uses the current units for the workspace - either inches or millimeters. Units can be changed either from the CAMtastic panel, or the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog.