Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to trim silkscreen layer images, where they encroach upon solder mask layer pads.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » Trim Silkscreen command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Fabrication Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the Trim Silkscreen dialog will appear. Use this dialog to specify a clearance constraint between silkscreen images and the edge of solder mask pads. Positive (retract silkscreen from pad) or negative (encroach upon pad) values may be entered.
Use the Copy to New Layer option to save a copy of the original silkscreen to a new layer. This can prove very useful when wishing to compare the results of the trimming operation.
After defining the trimming options as required, clicking OK will effect the trimming.
- At least one silkscreen and one solder mask layer must be defined in the current document before this command can be used. The respective layer type (Silk Top, Silk Bot, Mask Top, Mask Bot) must be assigned to the appropriate layers in the Layers Table dialog (Tables » Layers).
- When using the Copy to New Layer option, a layer, <designname>-old_n, will be created for each silkscreen-solder mask pair (e.g. one for top and one for bottom, if the layers exist and have been defined in the Layers Table dialog).
- It is advisable to have just the solder mask/silkscreen layers turned ON when using this command. Not only does it make it easier to see which pads are being encroached by the silkscreen, it also allows you to compare original and trimmed silk layers without the clutter of other layers.