Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to access the Source Data dialog, from where you can define the list of possible source simulation waveforms that can be used in the active chart.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor by:
- Choosing the Chart » Source Data command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the SimView toolbar.
After launching the command, the Source Data dialog will appear. The dialog lists all source simulation waveforms that can be used with the active chart.
Clicking the Create button will open the Create Source Waveform dialog, from where you can define a new waveform by entering a series of XY value pairs for a series of data points, or create a custom sine, or pulse wave.
The Source Data dialog also enables you to store any of the waveforms as ASCII text files (<WaveformName>.wdf). These waveform files can be recalled and loaded into the list at any time.
- The dialog allows editing of user-defined waveforms that have been manually created, and not those that have been generated as a result of design simulation.
- A .wdf file contains the waveform as a series of data points, each represented by an XY value pair.
- The list of possible source simulation waveforms that can be added to the active chart are also listed in the Source Data region of the Sim Data panel. The panel also provides access to the Source Data dialog.