You design the products that drive your company’s growth. Your designs may even be advancing medical fields or other noble causes. That’s why you got into the industry to begin with; you wanted to make a difference. You never wanted to be treated like a cost center, constantly asked to cut costs, to do more, faster, with less. How much time do you spend on TPS reports?
Divide The Workload Without Creating A Divide
It’s Friday when the mechanical team shows you the latest changes to the enclosure for a board that must go to fab before the next week. The changes are going to require changing the shape of the board and some of the circuitry. It’s time for a series of ECOs. How do you keep informed of changes on the MCAD side of the equation? How do you handle changes to the schematic in the PCB? Can you get some help redesigning the board without creating even more communication breakdowns? How do you avoid getting in this whole situation in the first place?
Enterprise Class Collaboration
Keep everything in sync and everyone happy
- Keep the schematic and PCB in sync, including automated large and small scale PIN swaps, saving time and reducing errors.
Learn More about Unified Data Model
- View the MCAD enclosure from within the ECAD environment and see changes reflected in real-time to ensure the board always fits.
Learn More about ECAD/MCAD integration
- Increase efficiency by collaborating on the same PCB in real-time.
Learn More about Collaborative PCB Design
Choosing Parts To Fit The Budget Without Making Sacrifices
Part selection has a substantial effect on the products you design. Without careful consideration, your finished product may be too expensive, or worse, it may not even function. You’ve got to gather an ever growing amount of information about parts, often from multiple different sources. Doing so is a major time drain. How do you efficiently design to cost, tracking component data, supply chain availability and functionality without increasing frustrations?
A Formal and Managed System for Components and Design to Cost
Everything you need to know about components is at your fingertips while you design.
- Set target BOM costs and track your progress during the design.
Learn More about ActiveBOM
- See live part availability and pricing information while you design.
Learn More about Supply Chain Integration
- Include everything designers and engineers need to know about a single component as a convenient single piece of data.
Learn More about the Unified Component Model
Managing and Maintaining All That Data Created
The mountains of data that go into a design project are invaluable. Yet every second engineers spend managing that data is taking away from time that could be spent designing and creating more value. How do you keep track of your data, the Who What Where When and Whys of changes? Are you putting all that data to good use by reusing proven aspects of designs instead of reinventing the wheel with every project? And what about the design’s life after the product is launched?
Automate The Storage and Augmentation of Design Data
Ensure your data is being properly stored
- Store all your data in a single location so you always know where the latest version of your data is.
Learn More about Data Management
- Automatically track changes to your designs including who, what, where, when and why.
Learn More about Version Control
- Reuse snippets, sections or an entire design to ensure you’re working smart, not taking risky shortcuts.
Learn More about Design Reuse
- Ensure only approved designs get released, and track their status after release.
Learn More about Lifecycle Management