Images are available for placement in the following ways.
From the schematic editor:
- Choose Home | Graphical Elements | Image.
- Right-click in the design space then choose Place » Drawing Tools » Graphic.
From the schematic library editor:
- Choose Home | Circuit & Graphical Elements | Image.
- Right-click in the design space then choose Place » Graphic.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter graphic placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor then click or press Enter to anchor the first corner of the graphic's frame in which the graphic itself will reside.
- Move the cursor to adjust the size of the frame then click or press Enter to complete frame placement.
- A dialog will open in which you can browse to and select the required graphic. Select the file you want to insert then press Open to complete the graphic placement.
- Continue placing further graphic objects or right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement while the image is still floating on the cursor and before its left-hand edge is anchored are:
- Press the Tab key to pause the placement and access the Image mode of the Inspector panel in which its properties can be changed on the fly. Click the design space pause button overlay () to resume placement.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis depending on the initial direction of movement.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the image counterclockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in increments of 90°.
- Press the X or Y keys to mirror the symbol along the X-axis or Y-axis.
This method of editing allows you to select a placed image object directly in the design space and change its size, shape, or location graphically.
When an image object is selected, the following editing handles are available:
A selected Image
- Click and drag A to resize the image frame in the vertical and horizontal directions simultaneously.
- Click and drag B to resize the image frame in the vertical and horizontal directions separately (provided the X:Y Ratio 1:1 option in the Properties panel is disabled).
- Click anywhere on the image away from editing handles then drag to reposition it. While dragging, the image can be rotated (Spacebar/Shift+Spacebar) or mirrored (X or Y keys to mirror along the X-axis or Y-axis).
This method of editing uses the Inspector panel mode to modify the properties of an image object.
After placement, the inspector panel can be accessed by:
- Double-clicking on the placed image object.
- Place the cursor over the image object, right-click then choose Properties from the context menu.
During placement, the Image mode of the Inspector panel can be accessed by pressing the Tab key. Once the image is placed, all options appear.
After placement, the Image mode of the Inspector panel can be accessed with the image selected. To do so, click View | Schematic | Inspector from the main ribbons.
Editing Multiple Objects
The Inspector panel supports multiple object editing in which the property settings that are identical in all currently selected objects may be modified. When multiples of the same object type are selected manually, an Inspector panel field entry that is not shown as an asterisk (
*) may be edited for all selected objects.