Bezier objects are available for placement in the following ways.
From the schematic editor:
- Choose Home | Graphical Elements | Bezier from the main menus.
- Right-click in the design space then choose Place » Drawing Tools » Bezier.
From the schematic library editor:
- Choose Home | Circuit & Graphical Elements | Bezier from the main menus.
- Right-click in the design space then choose Place » Bezier.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter Bezier placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click or press Enter to anchor the starting point for the curve.
- Move the cursor and click or press Enter to place a series of vertex points to define the curve. As you move the cursor, the curve will be continually redrawn to indicate how it would look if you placed a vertex at the cursor position.
- After placing the final vertex point, right-click or press Esc to complete placement of the curve.
- Continue placing further Bezier curves or right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement while the bezier is still floating on the cursor and before its left-hand edge is anchored are:
- Press the Tab key to pause the placement and access the Bezier mode of the Inspector panel in which its properties can be changed on the fly. Click the design space pause button overlay () to resume placement.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis depending on the initial direction of movement.
This method of editing allows you to select a placed bezier object directly in the design space and change its size, shape, or location graphically.
When a bezier object is selected, the following editing handles are available:
A selected Bezier
- Click and drag an editing handle to "bend" the curve.
- Click anywhere on the Bezier away from editing handles and drag to reposition it. While dragging, the Bezier can be rotated (Spacebar/Shift+Spacebar) or mirrored (X or Y keys to mirror along the X-axis or Y-axis).
This method of editing uses the Inspector panel mode to modify the properties of a bezier object.
During placement, the Inspector panel can be accessed by pressing the Tab key.
After placement, the Inspector panel can be accessed in one of the following ways:
- Double-click on the placed Bezier curve.
- Place the cursor over the Bezier curve, right-click then choose Properties from the context menu.
- With the Bezier object selected, choose View | Schematic | Inspector from the main ribbons.