Parent page: Capturing the Logical System Design
When the active document is a multi-board schematic document (
*.MbsDoc) and when no design object is currently selected in the design space, the Properties panel presents the Document Options.
The following collapsible sections contain information about the options and controls available under the panel's General tab:
The options in this section of the panel determine which multi-board objects may be selected in the design space.
- All Objects button – select remove object filtering so that all types of objects may be selected.
- Object buttons – toggle each object button to enable/disable the ability to select that object type.
- Units – select the measurement units that apply to the multi-board document and its graphic elements.
- Grid Size – set the measured distance between each sheet grid line. Note: this option is not editable in multi-board documents.
- Show Grid – check to display grid lines at the default Grid Size in the document sheet. Click the associated color button () to specify the color of the grid lines in the color selector drop-down, which includes options for preset colors, HEX/RGB color values, and the graphic selection of color shades.
- Snap – when checked, the ghost/preview cursor will snap (jump) to grid line intersections while the editor is in object placement mode. The cursor will also snap to graphic object vertices (corners, etc.,), line midpoints and circle centers.
- Snap Distance – set the distance at which the preview cursor will snap onto the targets outlined above. The preview cursor changes to an orange dot when a midpoint, vertex, or center is snapped to.
- Document Font – set the font size, style and any additional font attributes that will be used for the text associated with all objects in the document sheet. For any given object, the font settings may be overridden in its corresponding Properties panel mode, which is enabled when that object is selected.
- Sheet Border – click the associated color button to set the zone border line and character color for the document sheet.
- Sheet Color – click the associated color button to set the background color for the document sheet.
The following collapsible section contains information about the options and controls available under the panel's Parameters tab:
When a design object is selected in the design space, the Properties panel will present options specific to that object type – the panel changes to that object 'mode'. The following table lists the object types available for placement within a multi-board schematic document, where each listed entry links to its associated properties information (Properties panel mode) page.