Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Board Detail View object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). This is one of Draftsman's automated drawing views, and allows a defined area of a drawing (Board Assembly View, Board Fabrication View, Board Isometric View, Board Section View, or Drill Drawing View) to be brought out to a floating, magnified view of its detail.
For a high-level look at how the Altium Draftsman Drawing System provides an interactive approach to the creation of production documentation for your PCBs, see Draftsman
. For detailed information about this object type, see Board Detail View
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Additional Views » Board Detail View command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Board Detail View command () on the Active Bar.
If the command has been recently used from the Active Bar, it will become the active/visible button. Where other commands are available, this is indicated by a triangle at the bottom-right corner of the button. Click and hold on the active button to access a menu of all associated commands for that grouping.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Views toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Additional Views » Board Detail View command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair, and you will enter detail view creation mode. Creation of a detail view is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor over the required drawing that you wish to create a Board Detail View from, and click to specify the center of the target Board Detail View area (or source view area).
Note that detail views can only be created from the following drawing objects: Board Assembly View, Board Fabrication View, Board Isometric View, Board Section View, and Drill Drawing View.
- Move the cursor to adjust the radius of the source view area and click to define - this is the area used as the source of data for the Board Detail View.
- Move the cursor - the new Board Detail View will appear floating on the cursor. Position the cursor at the desired location within the current sheet (or a different sheet) and click to effect placement.
- A Board Detail View can be graphically modified after placement. Click and drag the view to move it to a different location within the current sheet.
- Most aspects of a placed Board Detail View are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed Board Detail View to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the Board Detail View to access it.
- The content of the Board Detail View can also be modified by graphically changing its associated source view area. Either select the Board Detail View itself, to select its source view area, or click on the source view area directly. If the Board Detail View is using a leader, an editing handle is available to change the location and position of that leader. Click and drag within the circular source view area to move the position of the area. Click and drag the perimeter of the circular source view area to adjust the size of the area. The graphics for the Board Detail View will update dynamically and accordingly.
- If you create multiple Board Detail Views in your document, it is a good idea to give them each a unique Label.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.