Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Circle object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf).
For a high-level look at how the Altium Draftsman Drawing System provides an interactive approach to the creation of production documentation for your PCBs, see Draftsman
. For detailed information about this object type, see Circle
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Circle command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Circle command () on the Active Bar.
If the command has been recently used from the Active Bar, it will become the active/visible button. Where other commands are available, this is indicated by a triangle at the bottom-right corner of the button. Click and hold on the active button to access a menu of all associated commands for that grouping.
- Clicking the entry on the Graphical Tools drop-down () of the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Circle command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter circle placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click to anchor the center point of the circle.
- Move the cursor to adjust the radius of the circle and click to set it, thereby completing placement.
- Continue placing further circles, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit placement mode.
- Placement will observe snapping options for the document, if enabled. Snapping can be defined in the General section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
- A circle can be graphically modified after placement. Click on its boundary to select it - editing handles will appear at its center and boundary. Click and drag the boundary handle to resize the circle (by adjusting its radius). Click on its center point (or its boundary - away from editing handles) and drag to move to a different location within the current sheet.
- Most aspects of a placed circle are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed circle to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the circle to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.