Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Drill Drawing View object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). This is one of Draftsman's automated drawing views, and can be displayed from either the top or bottom of the board, show holes for specific drill pairs (if available), and rendered with defined hole group symbols.
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Additional Views » Drill Drawing View command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Drill Drawing View command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Views toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Additional Views » Drill Drawing View command from the context menu.
If your PCB design project has more than one PCB, ensure that the board from which you wish to generate the drill drawing view is selected in the PCB Document field, in the Source section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
After launching the command, data will be acquired from the source PCB document, and a Drill Drawing View will appear floating on the cursor. Position the view as desired and click to effect placement. If your Draftsman document has multiple sheets, you can simply zoom out and move the view to the intended sheet, while it is still floating on the cursor.
- A Drill Drawing View can be graphically modified after placement. Click and drag the view to move it to a different location within the current sheet. Click on it to select it - an editing handle will appear at its top-right corner. Click and drag this handle to resize the view.
- Most aspects of a placed Drill Drawing View are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed Drill Drawing View to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the Drill Drawing View to access it.
- By default, the view is from the top side of the board, and for all layers. This can be changed after placement as required, through the Properties panel. Alternatively, copy and paste the initial view as many times as you need, with each copy changed to show a different perpective and layer pairing.
- Assigned drill symbol graphics for the various drill holes can be changed in the Drill Symbol Configurations dialog. Access to this dialog is made by clicking the Drill Symbols button, at the bottom of the Properties section of the Properties panel, when browsing/modifying the properties of the selected Drill Drawing View. The dialog presents a tabular view of PCB hole data, with hole styles grouped on a selectable parameter (column data) basis and assigned standard symbols.
- For even greater detail, consider creating a Board Detail View from your Drill Drawing View.
- If changes have been made to the PCB document, using the Tools » Update Board command will ensure that the placed Drill Drawing View is kept in-sync.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.