Applied Parameters: Primitives=True
This command is used to measure and display the distance between any two primitives in the current document.
This command is accessed from the PCB Editor and the PCB Library Editor by choosing the Reports » Measure Primitives command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair, and you will enter measurement mode. Measurement is performed as follows:
- Position the cursor over the first primitive then click or press Enter.
- Move the cursor to the required second primitive then click or press Enter again.
- The Clearance dialog will open, reporting the clearance between the two primitives in both metric (mm) and imperial (mil) units. The dialog also contains information on the layer and location for each of the primitives. The measurement is also displayed visually within the workspace, showing the measurement's X, Y, and direct distances. The direct (shortest) distance is shown in yellow, with the X and Y distances in light blue. The measurement is also entered as an entry in the Messages panel.
- Continue measuring the distance between other primitives or right-click or press Esc to exit measurement mode.
- To delete measurements from the design space, click Shift+C.
- This command only measures the distance between primitive design objects and, as such, you will not be able to include group objects in your measurements (e.g., components, dimensions, etc.).
- The visual results (measurement lines) for each measurement remain displayed in the workspace until cleared by using the Shift+C keyboard shortcut.
- Double-click on a measurement result in the Messages panel to cross-probe to that measurement and have its measurement lines displayed again in the workspace.