Applied Parameters: Axis=X|Value=0.250MM
This command is used to set the X (horizontal) step value - for the default Global Board Snap Grid - to 0.250mm. This value, together with the Y (vertical) step value, defines the Snap Grid for manual movement and placement in the current document. The cursor automatically snaps to this grid, positioning the reference point of the object being placed onto the nearest grid location.
This command is accessed from the PCB Editor, and PCB Library Editor, by:
- Using the G keyboard shortcut, then choosing the Snap Grid X » 0.250 mm command from the pop-up menu.
- PCB Editor - choosing the Snap Grid X » 0.250 mm entry on the Grids drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the value for the Step X property of the default Global Board Snap Grid will be set to 0.2500mm, and the grid will update accordingly in the workspace.
- This command only affects the default snap grid for the board, and not any custom grids (cartesian and polar) that you may have defined.
- If the Step X and Step Y properties were previously linked, this command will unlink the two.
- If you are currently using imperial units for your board, the equivalent converted value in mils will be used.
- The step values can be changed as required for the default snap grid, by editing the grid through the Grid Manager section of the Properties panel (when no objects are currently selected in the design workspace). Double-click the entry for the Global Board Snap Grid (or select and click the Properties button), and in the subsequent Cartesian Grid Editor dialog, make changes to the properties in the Steps region.