Create New Revision
Created: December 3, 2021 | Updated: December 3, 2021
The Create new revision dialog
The Create new revision dialog allows you to upload the relevant file(s) into a new revision of an item in a Workspace that supports the uploading of data.
The dialog is accessed from the Explorer panel (View » Panels » Explorer) by right-clicking on an Item then selecting Upload when uploading items such as 3D models, binary files, BOM templates, etc.
- Release Notes – enter any release notes required.
- Name – enter a different name for this revision of the item, if required.
- Item ID – displays the unique item ID. The default format of this ID is defined by the Item Naming Scheme employed for the parent folder. The Item ID cannot be changed after the Item is released.
- Description – enter a meaningful description for this revision of the item.
- Sources – drag and drop the required file(s) as supported by this item type into this region.
- Add – click to access the Add Files dialog (a standard Windows open-type dialog). Use this to browse to, and open, the required file(s), as supported by this content type.
- – click to remove selected file(s).
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.