Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to quickly cross-probe from the currently selected module, or entry thereof on the active Multi-board Schematic document (*.MbsDoc), to the board, or connector on that board, on the Multi-board Assembly document (*.MbaDoc) within the Multi-board project (*.PrjMbd).
With a module or entry currently selected, this command can be accessed from the Multi-board Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Design » Crossprobe to MBA command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Design » Crossprobe to MBA command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the module, or entry within that module, that you wish to cross-probe from, is selected in the main design workspace.
After launching the command, what happens next will depend on what is currently selected:
- Module - the Multi-board Assembly document for the Multi-board project will be opened and made the active document. The board referenced by the module will be highlighted within the workspace.
- Entry - the Multi-board Assembly document for the Multi-board project will be opened and made the active document. The connector represented by the entry - and on the board referenced by the entry's parent module - will be highlighted within the workspace.
- It can be a good idea to have the source and target documents opened side-by-side in the workspace.
- The cross-probed object(s) on the target PCB document will be displayed in accordance with the Highlight Methods options defined on the System - Navigation page of the Preferences dialog. Highlighting will not be applied to the Multi-board Schematic document.