Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to quickly cross-probe from the currently selected module, or entry thereof on the active Multi-board Schematic document (*.MbsDoc), to the top-level schematic, or connector on the relevant schematic, within the PCB design project referenced by that module.
With a module or entry currently selected, this command can be accessed from the Multi-board Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Design » Crossprobe to Schematic command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Design » Crossprobe to Schematic command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the module, or entry within that module, that you wish to cross-probe from, is selected in the main design workspace.
After launching the command, what happens next will depend on what is currently selected:
- Module - the schematic top-sheet of the PCB design project referenced by the module will be opened and made the active document.
- Entry - the schematic sheet - within the PCB design project referenced by the entry's parent module, and which contains the connector represented by the entry - will be opened and made the active document. The connector will be highlighted within the workspace.
- It can be a good idea to have the source and target documents opened side-by-side in the workspace.
- When cross-probing from a module entry, the cross-probed object(s) on the target schematic document will be displayed in accordance with the Highlight Methods options defined on the System - Navigation page of the Preferences dialog. Highlighting will not be applied to the Multi-board Schematic document.