Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Line object onto the active Multi-board Schematic document (*.MbsDoc).
This command can be accessed from the Multi-board Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Line command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Line command () on the Active Bar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Line command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter line placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click to anchor the starting point of the line.
- Move the cursor to adjust the length of the line and click to anchor the end point (which can be placed at any angle with respect to the start point) to complete placement.
- Continue placing further lines, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit placement mode.
- Placement will observe snapping options for the document, if enabled. Snapping can be defined in the General section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
- A line can be graphically modified after placement. Click on it to select it - editing handles will appear at its end points. Click and drag a handle to move the start or end point of the line, and therefore also change its length. Click on it - away from editing handles - and drag to move to a different location within the workspace.
- Most aspects of a placed line are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed line to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the line to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Multi-board Schematic - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.