Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to quickly cross-probe from the currently selected module or entry on the active Multi-board Schematic document (*.MbsDoc) to the PCB document or connector on that document within the PCB design project referenced by that module. If the module references a Multi-board Assembly document (*.MbaDoc) within a source Multi-board project (*.PrjMbd), then cross-probing will be to the Multi-board Assembly document.
With a module or entry currently selected, this command can be accessed from the Multi-board Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Design » Crossprobe to PCB/Multi-board command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Design » Crossprobe to PCB/Multi-board command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the module or entry within that module that you wish to cross-probe from is selected in the main design workspace.
After launching the command, what happens next will depend on what is currently selected:
- Module - if the module references a PCB within a PCB design project that PCB document will be opened and made the active document. If the module references a Multi-board Assembly document within a Multi-board design project that Multi-board Assembly document will be opened and made the active document.
- Entry - the PCB document, within the PCB design project referenced by the entry's parent module, and that contains the connector represented by the entry, will be opened and made the active document. The connector will be highlighted within the workspace.
- It is a good idea to have the source and target documents opened side-by-side in the workspace.
- When cross-probing from a module entry, the cross-probed object(s) on the target PCB document will be displayed in accordance with the Highlight Methods options defined on the System - Navigation page of the Preferences dialog. Highlighting will not be applied to the Multi-board Schematic document.