Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place line objects on the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Line command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Placement Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, you will enter line placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the required location in the workspace and click to anchor the starting point for the line.
- Move the cursor and click to place a second point for the line.
- Continue placing further vertices for the line, clicking to define each new vertex, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit line placement mode.
- Placing a line using this command actually places a series of individual line segments, as opposed to a polyline object, which is considered a single object for selection and editing purposes (unless exploded into its constituent line segments).
- The individual segments of a line can be joined to create a polyline object.
- Lines will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Lines will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.
- You can change the current DCode and/or the current layer - via the CAMtastic panel - whilst placing the line. The change will affect only the subsequent segments of line that you place.