Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear all waveforms from the active wave plot in the Waveform Analysis window.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor in the following ways:
- Choose the Edit » Clear command from the main menus.
- Use the Delete keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that the wave plot from which you want to clear all waveforms is made active in the Waveform Analysis window. This is achieved by clicking anywhere within the area of the wave plot. Launch the command. All the waveforms in this wave plot will be cleared, leaving the empty plot intact.
- If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to All in the Document Options dialog (Tools » Document Options), the active wave plot is distinguished by a black solid line around its waveform name section. If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to 1, 2, 3, or 4, the active wave plot is distinguished by a black arrow at the left hand side of its display area.
- If you want to clear an individual waveform from a wave plot, make sure the required waveform is selected before launching the command. This is achieved by clicking on the waveform name. A selected waveform will become bolder in color and have a dot to the left of its name. When a waveform is selected, filtering is applied, using the waveform name as the scope. All other waveforms in the active chart with different names will become dimmed. If more than one waveform of the same name exists in the active chart, the non-selected instances will remain fully visible.
- If you want to remove the wave plot completely from the Waveform Analysis window, make that plot active, ensure no waveform for it is selected, then use the Delete command.