Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to access the Document Options dialog in which you can set various properties for one or all analysis charts in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor in the following ways:
- Choose the Tools » Document Options command from the main menus.
- Right-click within the active chart (away from Y axes and waveform names) then choose the Document Options command from the context menu.
- Right-click on the chart's tab (at the bottom of the Waveform Analysis window) then choose the Document Options command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Document Options dialog opens. Use the dialog to define the background, foreground and grid colors of the simulation chart, and to enable/disable various options, including showing titles, data points, designation symbols, and axis labels.
The settings can be applied to the active chart only or all charts in the current *.sdf file. The settings can also be saved as the defaults.
- If you make changes to the document options and save them as defaults without having applied them to either the current chart or all charts the settings will only be applied to any new charts created and not to the existing charts.
- The Number of Plots Visible option is used to control how many wave plots are displayed at any one time in the Waveform Analysis window. For certain editing features, this option must be set to anything but All. These features include the display/editing of multiple Y axes and the display of certain plot options (such as plot title).
- Change the active analysis chart by clicking on the associated chart tab at the bottom of the Waveform Analysis window. You can cycle through the various analysis charts in the SimData Editor using the plus and minus keys on the numeric keypad.