Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to access the Document Options dialog, from where you can set various properties for one, or all analysis charts, in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » Document Options command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking within the active chart (away from Y axes and waveform names) and choosing the Document Options command from the context menu.
- Right-clicking on the chart's tab (at the bottom of the Waveform Analysis window) and choosing the Document Options command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Document Options dialog appears. Use the dialog to define the background, foreground and grid colors of the simulation chart, and to enable/disable various options, including showing titles, data points, designation symbols, and axis labels.
The settings can be applied to the active chart only, or all charts in the current .sdf file. The settings can also be saved as the defaults.
- If you make changes to the document options and save them as defaults, without having applied them to either the current chart, or all charts, the settings will only be applied to any new charts created, and not to the existing charts.
- The Number of Plots Visible option is used to control how many wave plots are displayed at any one time in the Waveform Analysis window. For certain editing features, this option must be set to anything but All. These features include the display/editing of multiple Y-axes and the display of certain plot options (such as plot title).
- Change the active analysis chart by clicking on the associated chart tab, at the bottom of the Waveform Analysis window. You can cycle through the various analysis charts in the SimData Editor using the plus and minus keys on the numeric keypad.