Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place radial dimension objects on the current document. A radial dimension reflects the radius of an arc or circle object.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Place » Dimension » Radius command from the main menus.
After launching the command, you will enter dimension placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor over the edge of the required arc or circle and click.
- Move the cursor and click to position vertices that define the dimension's leader shape.
- When the leader shape is as required, right-click to place the dimension text.
- Continue placing further radial dimensions or right-click, or press Esc, to exit dimension placement mode.
- Dimension properties including text style, height, and accuracy, can be defined on the CAM Editor - Draw Dimension page of the Preferences dialog. Changing these settings will only apply to dimensions that you are going to place, and not those that have already been placed.
- All dimension values will be displayed in the current measurement units, as displayed in the CAMtastic panel (default is inches). If the current measurement units are changed (inches/mm), only subsequently placed dimension objects will be displayed in the new current units, and not those already placed.
- Dimensions will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Dimensions will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.