Applied Parameters: Size=0.025MM
This command is used to set the X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) step values - for the Snap Grid - simultaneously to 0.025mm. These values together define the Snap Grid for manual movement and placement in the current document.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor, by:
- Using the G keyboard shortcut, then choosing the 0.025 mm command from the pop-up menu.
- Choosing the 0.025 mm entry on the Grids drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the value for both the X Grid and Y Grid properties of the Snap Grid will be set to 0.025mm, and the grid will update accordingly in the workspace.
- The X and Y grid values can be changed as required, and independently for the snap grid, by editing the grid through the Enter Grid (1..1000mil) dialog, accessed by using the Ctrl+G keyboard shortcut.
- Display of the grid (On/Off), as well as grid sizing (Size X:Y), can also be managed from the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog. The size drop-down field lists previously used grid values, or simply enter new sizing directly, as required.
- The snap grid is used when the Object Snap mode is set to Grid. The object snapping mode can be changed on the CAMtastic panel, or on the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog. With the mode set to Grid, the cursor automatically snaps to the grid, positioning the reference point of the object being placed onto the nearest grid location.