Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to add objects to an existing Step & Repeat array.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Edit » Step/Repeat » Add Objects command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter object addition mode. The procedure involves performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click on the objects that are to be added, making them selected. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects have been selected, right-click.
- Now select the particular Step & Repeat array to which you wish to add the selected objects. Simply position the cursor over any object included as part of the array selection in the original frame of the array (lower-left) and click. The frames in the array will be modified in size in order to fit the objects that have been added, as well as the original objects. Only the original (lower-left) frame of the array will contain the visible objects - all other frames will remain empty.
- Continue selecting objects to add to other Step & Repeat arrays, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The addition of objects may well cause the frames in the array to overlap. You can modify the distance (or gap) between frames, using the Modify Step_Repeat dialog.
- Panelization and Arrays allow embedded Step & Repeat codes to reduce the size of files that contain the same information multiple times. If a session includes Step & Repeat codes, only the original image will be fully displayed in the main design window, all other projected copies appear as blank frames. To reveal the copied images in each frame, the Step & Repeat array will need to be exploded. The size of the file can increase considerably in this case, depending on the amount of information that is being repeated.