Applied Parameters: Context=Document
This command is used to access the Generate SimModel Files dialog, which can be used to generate one or more SimModel files from the active Schematic Library, or Database Library document. A simulation model definition within a SimModel file (
*.SimModel) is mapped to a Simulation Model Item in a target Altium Vault. Once a simulation model definition is released to the vault, it can be used in the creation of one or more vault-based components, that require representation in the simulation domain.
This command is accessed from the Schematic Library Editor, and Database Library Editor, by choosing the Tools » Generate SimModel Files command from the main menus.
First ensure that the schematic library, or database library, that you wish to generate the SimModel file(s) from, is open as the active document.
After launching the command, the Generate SimModel Files dialog will appear. Each SimModel file (and constituent simulation model definition) is created based on the simulation model link for a schematic component in the active Schematic Library (or the simulation information for a component record in the active Database Library). Use the controls in the dialog to configure generation of one or more SimModel files as required.
After defining options as required, click OK. Generation will proceed and a confirmation dialog will appear when the process is complete, stating how many SimModel files were generated. Any referenced
.scb files will also be stored alongside the SimModel files.
- If migrating from an Integrated Library, the source schematic libraries (SchLib) can be obtained by opening the IntLib in Altium Designer, and electing to extract the source libraries.
- When generating SimModel files from a Database Library, only components in currently enabled tables will be considered.
- SimModel file naming depends on the source library type:
- Schematic Library - each SimModel file is named using the name of the simulation model. Where multiple schematic components include the same simulation model implementation (same named simulation model), only a single SimModel file will be generated, using that name.
- Database Library - each SimModel file is named using the name of the simulation model, as specified in the Sim Model Name field for a component record. Where multiple component records (across enabled tables) include the same simulation model implementation (same entry in the Sim Model Name field) only a single SimModel file will be generated, using that name.