Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place ordinate dimension objects on the current document. An ordinate dimension reflects the X or Y coordinate of a position in the workspace, depending on whether the dimension is drawn vertically or horizontally.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Place » Dimension » Ordinate command from the main menus.
After launching the command, you will enter dimension placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the required point on, or near to, the object you wish to apply the dimension to, and click.
- Move the cursor - the dimension extension line will size accordingly - to the position at which you wish to place the dimension text, and click to complete dimension placement.
- Continue placing further ordinate dimensions or right-click, or press Esc, to exit dimension placement mode.
- Placing a vertical ordinate dimension object will display the X-axis value. Placing a horizontal ordinate dimension object will display the Y-axis value.
- Dimension properties including text style, height, and accuracy, can be defined on the CAM Editor - Draw Dimension page of the Preferences dialog. Changing these settings will only apply to dimensions that you are going to place, and not those that have already been placed.
- All dimension values will be displayed in the current measurement units, as displayed in the CAMtastic panel (default is inches). If the current measurement units are changed (inches/mm), only subsequently placed dimension objects will be displayed in the new current units, and not those already placed.
- Dimensions will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Dimensions will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.