Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to fix the boundary of a polyline object, where the end points of the polyline are not precisely contacting to form a clean, closed boundary, but instead are crossing.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Analysis » Clean Boundaries command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Fabrication Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small square and you will be prompted to select polyline objects that you wish to fix. Simply position the cursor over the boundary of each polyline, and click.
The Join & Fix Polylines dialog will appear. Use the dialog to define options for joining the endpoints of the polylines.
After setting up the options as required, click OK to effect the fix. An information dialog will appear, reporting how many polyline objects were fixed (Closed) and how many were not (Open).
- It is recommended to use this command only on polyline objects that have not been closed, but were intended to be, and have their end points intersecting, rather than perfectly connecting.
- The Display Open Boundary Marker(s) option will place markers for any ends of polylines that could not be fixed, and therefore remain open, on a new layer - the polyline_pro_open_markers layer.
- If certain boundaries remain open, you may want to repeat the action using a higher tolerance setting.