Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place text objects on the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Text command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Placement Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, you will enter text placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the required location in the workspace and click to determine the insertion point for the text.
- The Draw Text dialog appears. Use this dialog to define the font to be used - either Standard or TrueType - the appearance of the text, and the actual content of the text. After clicking OK, the text will be placed on the document, in accordance with the options you have defined.
- Continue placing further text objects or right-click, or press Esc, to exit text placement mode.
- Standard fonts are single stroke fonts described by an AutoCAD Text/Shape file (*.shx). The Draw Text dialog enables you to browse to, and associate, a .shx file.
- The content for the text can be imported from a text file (*.txt).
- Text will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Text will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.