The Sharing Access to a Folder iteration of the Share For dialog
A managed content server supports the ability to 'share' server folders - facilitating connection to, and access of, server content of a particular nature. By sharing folders, design content in a server can be easily partitioned and shared with others.
A folder in a server can be shared on a number of different levels, in effect defining both the level of visibility of that folder, and the level of security for access to it. This can range from being strictly private access by specified individuals or roles, through to levels for allowing anyone in the same organization to view or change content respectively.
The Folder iteration of the Share For dialog is accessed by clicking the Share link on the bottom left of the Folder Properties dialog.
- Sharing With Specific Users And Roles - displays the users with access to the folder, as well as whether they can edit and their status. Use the Can Edit checkbox to enable/disable a user's ability to make changes to the folder. In terms of permissions, a user/role has Read/Write access when the Can Edit / Can Write option is enabled. If this option is disabled, they have Read access only.
- Add - use the drop-down to access the following:
- Add User - click to open the Search For Users dialog, which enables you to search for and select an existing user.
- Add Role - click to open the Search For Role dialog, which enables you to search for and select an existing role.
- Add Anyone - click to share with anyone.
- Remove - click to remove selected roles or users.
- Permissions can be modified by - use the drop-down to configure permissions to access a particular entity. The following levels of control are supported:
- Owner - only the owner of the folder can change the permissions. Editors cannot change access permissions.
- Collaborators - editors have full control to manage access permissions for the folder.
- Apply to Children - enable this option to apply the same users, roles and permissions to any child folders. This option is enabled by default.