Applied Parameters: Action = FlipBoard
This command is used to flip the active board, or active component, just as if you were turning it over in your hand.
This command is accessed from the PCB Editor and PCB Library Editor by:
- Choosing the View » Flip Board command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut.
In the PCB Library Editor, the command can also be accessed by right-clicking in the design workspace and choosing the View » Flip Board command, from the context menu.
After launching the command, the entire workspace for the editor will be turned over (flipped).
All actions and editing commands are supported for flipped boards/components. The coordinate space remains logically the same, i.e. the workspace origin moves from the bottom-left to the bottom-right. The current grid position increases in the X (horizontal) direction as you move the mouse from right to left instead of the normal left to right. Any output generated while the view is flipped will maintain the correct 'viewed-from-top' coordinate information.
When the board/component is flipped, the layer drawing order is also changed using a logical pair swapping process, which means that Top Overlay will swap positions in the current layer drawing order with Bottom Overlay, Top Layer with Bottom Layer, Mid-Layer 1 with Mid-Layer 30, Internal Plane 1 with Internal Plane 16, and so on. The drawing order of mechanical layers is not changed.
- Use this command again to flip the board back.
- The drawing order change is managed internally and will not be reflected in the Layer Drawing Order list defined on the PCB Editor - Display page of the Preferences dialog.
- The view state is automatically restored to the standard top-side viewing if the PCB document is closed and reopened.