Applied Parameters: Binary=True
This command is used to determine and display which binary design rules apply between two objects that you select in the current document. Binary rules apply between two objects, or between any object in one set to any object in a second set. As a consequence, binary design rules have two rule scopes.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor by:
- Selecting two design objects, right-clicking then choosing the Applicable Binary Rules command from the context menu.
- Right-clicking anywhere in the design workspace (with no objects selected) and choosing the Applicable Binary Rules command from the context menu.
Use of the command depends on how it is accessed:
- Two objects selected already - after launching the command, if the two selected objects have at least one binary rule applied between them, the Applicable Binary Rules dialog will open displaying all binary design rules that apply between those objects.
- No objects selected - after launching the command, you will be prompted to select two objects in the design. Position the cursor over each object in turn then click or press Enter. If the two selected objects have at least one binary rule applied between them, the Applicable Rules dialog will open displaying all binary design rules that apply between the objects.
- All defined binary design rules that could be applied to the selected objects are analyzed and listed in the dialog.
- Each rule listed in the dialog will have either a check () or a cross () next to it. A check indicates the rule with the highest priority out of all applicable rules of the same type – this is the rule currently applied. Lower priority rules of the same type are listed with a cross next to them, indicating that they are applicable but, since they are not the highest priority rule, they are not currently applied. Any rules that would apply to the object but are currently disabled would also have a cross next to them and would appear using strikethrough highlighting.
- If, rather than seeing which rules apply between two objects, you would prefer to pick a rule and see for which objects that rule applies, this can be achieved from the PCB Rules And Violations panel. As you click on a specific rule in the Rules region of the panel, filtering will be applied using the rule as the scope of the filter. Only those design objects that fall under the scope of the rule will be filtered. By employing the mask highlighting feature, you can quickly see the resulting objects targeted by the rule.