Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to quickly modify the existing board shape.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor, when configured in Board Planning Mode, by choosing the Design » Modify Board Shape command, from the main menus.
The current viewing mode for the PCB document can be changed using the corresponding commands from the main View menu. To switch to Board Planning Mode, use the command of the same name, or use the 1 keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a crosshair and you will enter board shape modification mode. A new end vertex point will appear on the existing border. As you move the cursor, this vertex will move also, around the border. To modify the border:
- Position the new vertex point at the required location around the existing border and click to place.
- Position the cursor and click to place additional vertex points, and so define additional shaping for the border. You can extend the original border outside of the existing shape and/or come back inside the original border to essentially 'remove' existing area.
- When the shape is as required, ensure to bring the cursor back to a point on the original border - and click at this point to finish the modification and effect the change.
- To exit without modification, simply right-click, or press Esc.
- As with placing a polygonal-shaped object, use the Shift+Spacebar keyboard shortcut to change placement modes, and the Spacebar keyboard shortcut to switch end cornering modes, as required to achieve the desired border shaping.