Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear the selected object(s) from the current document and copy them to the clipboard.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor, the PCB Library Editor, and the Pad Via Library Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Cut command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking then choosing the Cut command from the context menu.
- Clicking the button on the PCB Standard toolbar (PCB Editor), the PCB Lib Standard toolbar (PCB Library Editor), or the Pad Via Library Standard toolbar (Pad Via Library Editor).
- Using the Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut.
The command only becomes available provided at least one object is selected in the design workspace (or a value in an applicable field with respect to the Pad Via Library Editor).
Make sure that the object(s) that you want to cut are selected then launch the command. The cursor will change to a crosshair and you will be prompted to select a reference point. This is a coordinate relative to the selected object(s) and is used to accurately position the selection when using the paste command. Position the cursor as required then click or press Enter; the selection will be removed from the workspace and copied to the clipboard.
- If a selected object is locked and you try to cut it, you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog alerting you to this and asking if you want to continue.