Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to add a new footprint to the current PCB Library document.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Library Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » New Blank Footprint command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace then choosing the Tools » New Blank Footprint command from the context menu.
- Right-clicking in the Footprints region of the PCB Library panel then choosing New Blank Footprint from the context menu.
After launching the command, a new footprint will be added to the active PCB Library document, and made the active component in the main design window. You can then proceed to place design primitives to create the 2D footprint and also add 3D body information as required to define the 2D/3D model that fully represents the footprint in the PCB domain.
- To create a new footprint within the current PCB Library document in a semi-automated way, use the PCB Component Wizard.
- If your components are required to be IPC-compliant, you can use the IPC Compliant Footprint Wizard or the IPC Compliant Footprints Batch Generator commands.