Applied Parameters: Scope = Lasso
This command is used to deselect design objects within a user-defined 'lasso' area. The feature provides two modes of operation:
- Free-form - like a true lasso, you can draw a free-hand selection area to incorporate the design objects required.
- Polyline - providing a polygonal 'lasso', this mode may be preferable to the free-form mode when there is a need to deselect objects more precisely. This mode is quite useful on designs that have components rotated at 45 degrees or when working on flex when the design isn’t always orthogonal.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor and the PCB Library Editor, by:
- Choosing the Edit » DeSelect » Lasso Deselect command from the main menus.
- Pressing X in the main design window to access the Deselection pop-up menu then choosing the Lasso Deselect command.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter lasso deselection mode. Deselection is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click or press Enter to anchor the starting point for the lasso.
- The current mode is reflected in the Status Bar. Press the Spacebar to change between Free-form and Polyline modes.
- In Free-form mode, move the cursor to create the outline for the required deselection area. Once the shape is as required, click or press Enter to have the software complete the shape from the last cursor position back to the starting point.
- In Polyline mode, click to anchor a set of vertex points to define the shape of the polygonal deselection area. Once the shape is as required, press Enter to have the software complete the shape from the last vertex back to the starting point.
- All objects that fall completely within the boundary of the defined lasso area will be deselected and you will exit lasso deselection mode.
You can exit lasso deselection mode at any stage by right-clicking or pressing the Esc key.
- For available resources concerning selection of design objects, see the Select command.