Applied Parameters: ContextObject=Polygon|EditMode=Shape
This command is used to switch from editing the size, to editing the shape, of the selected polygon pour object currently under the cursor.
This command is accessed from the PCB Editor by right-clicking over a selected polygon pour object, whose size is currently being modified, and choosing the Polygon Actions » Edit Polygon Shape command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the polygon pour whose shape you wish to modify, is selected in the main design workspace, is currently in size-editing mode, and that the cursor is positioned over it.
After launching the command, the polygon editing mode will change from that of resizing, to that of reshaping. Confirmation of this is visually conferred by the eight editing handles located at the corners (and centers) of the object's bounding rectangle, being replaced with editing handles along each edge of the polygonal shape.
The outer shape of the polygon object is defined by a series of edges: where each edge is represented by an end vertex, shown as a solid white square; and a center vertex, shown as a hollow white square. Each end vertex represents the location where 2 edges meet.
- Click and drag an end vertex to perform one of the following, depending on the current mode (use Shift+Spacebar to change modes):
- Moving Vertex mode - freely move the end vertex, maintaining it as an end vertex.
- Miter to Segment mode - creates a new straight edge, with the moving end vertex becoming the center vertex for that edge.
- Miter to Arc mode - creates a new curved edge, with the moving end vertex becoming the center vertex for that edge.
- Click and drag a center vertex to perform one of the following, depending on the current mode (use Shift+Spacebar to change modes):
- Move mode - freely move the entire edge, including its end vertices. The moved center vertex remains the center vertex for that edge.
- Break mode - move the center vertex, turning it into a new end vertex, and splitting the original edge into two. The end vertices remain fixed at their original locations.
- Incurvate mode - add curvature to the edge, with the end vertices fixed at their original locations. The moved center vertex remains the center vertex for that edge.
- Click anywhere along an edge, away from editing handles, and drag to slide that edge - shrinking or growing the moving edge to maintain the position of adjoining edges.
- Ctrl+click anywhere along an edge, away from editing handles, to insert a new end vertex.
- Click on the actual shape of the polygon, away from editing handles, and drag to move it.
Additional actions that can be performed during movement are:
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the polygon counterclockwise, or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in accordance with the value for the Rotation Step defined on the PCB Editor – General page of the Preferences dialog.
- Press the L key to flip the polygon to the other side of the board.
- Press the X or Y keys to mirror the polygon along the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
After modifying the shape or location of the polygon pour, it will become marked as modified. If the Repour Polygons After Modification option is enabled on the PCB Editor - General page of the Preferences dialog, the polygon (and all of its dependants) will be repoured automatically. If this option is not enabled, the polygon pour will not be repoured.
- A modified polygon pour is one that has been changed in some way, but has not yet been repoured. Its IsModified property - which can be seen from the PCB List panel for a selected polygon pour - is enabled (True).