Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear the selected object(s) from the current document and copy them to the clipboard.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor and the Schematic Library Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Cut command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking then choosing the Cut command from the context menu.
- Clicking the button on the Schematic Standard toolbar (Schematic Editor), or the Sch Lib Standard toolbar (Schematic Library Editor).
- Using the Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut.
Make sure that the object(s) that you want to cut is selected then launch the command. If the Clipboard Reference option is enabled on the Schematic - Graphical Editing page of the Preferences dialog, the cursor will change to a crosshair and you will be prompted to select a reference point. This is a coordinate relative to the selected object(s) and is used to accurately position the selection when using the paste command. If the Clipboard Reference option is disabled, the current cursor position is used as the reference point.
If you require the sheet template to be added as part of the copy (containing border, title block, etc.,), make sure that the Add Template to Clipboard option is enabled on the Schematic - Graphical Editing page of the Preferences dialog.
Position the cursor as required and click or press Enter - the selection will be removed from the workspace and copied to the clipboard.
- If a selected object is locked and you try to cut it, you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog alerting you to this and asking if you want to continue.
- If the Clipboard Reference option is disabled, it is advisable to use the shortcut to launch the command.