Applied Parameters: ContextSensitive=True|Axis=X|ObjectKind=SheetSymbol
This command is used to flip one or more sheet symbols along the X-axis.
This command is accessed in the Schematic Editor, by:
- Right-clicking over a placed sheet symbol (not selected) then choosing the Sheet Symbol Actions » Flip Sheet Symbol Along X command from the context menu.
- Right-clicking over a selected sheet symbol (or a sheet symbol that is part of a group of selected sheet symbols) then choosing the Sheet Symbol Actions » Flip Selected Sheet Symbols Along X command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the cursor is positioned over the required sheet symbol (if flipping a single symbol), or that the required sheet symbols to be flipped are selected (if flipping multiple symbols), and that the cursor is positioned over one of the symbols in the selection.
After launching the command, what happens next is determined by the number of sheet symbols involved:
- Single Sheet Symbol - the sheet entries associated with the symbol will be swapped to the opposite side of the symbol (in the horizontal plane) - those on the left will be repositioned on the right and vice-versa.
- Multiple Sheet Symbols - the symbols will be flipped about an imaginary vertical line which is located mid-way between the bounding extents of the symbols in the selection. The sheet entries associated with each symbol will be swapped to the opposite side of the symbol (in the horizontal plane) - those on the left will be repositioned on the right and vice-versa.
The I/O Type of sheet entries is not altered.
- If a sheet symbol is locked, you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog alerting you to this and asking if you want to continue. However, if a sheet entry is locked, it will still be flipped to the opposite side of its parent sheet symbol (i.e. the lock is ignored).