Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Board Isometric View object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). This is one of Draftsman's automated drawing views, and shows the board outline with cutouts, holes, and component graphics with additional notation.
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Additional Views » Board Isometric View command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Additional Views » Board Isometric View command from the context menu.
If your PCB design project has more than one PCB, ensure that the board from which you wish to generate the isometric view is selected in the PCB Document field, in the Source section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
After launching the command, data will be acquired from the source PCB document, and a Board Isometric View will appear floating on the cursor. Position the view as desired and click to effect placement. If your Draftsman document has multiple sheets, you can simply zoom out and move the view to the intended sheet while it is still floating on the cursor.
- A Board Isometric View can be graphically modified after placement. Click and drag the view to move it to a different location within the current sheet. Click on it to select it - an editing handle will appear at its top-right corner. Click and drag this handle to resize the view.
- Most aspects of a placed Board Isometric View are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed Board Isometric View to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the Board Isometric View to access it.
- By default, the view is from the top side of the board. This can be changed after placement as required through the Properties panel. Alternatively, copy and paste the initial view as many times as you need, with each copy changed to show a different perpective of the assembled board.
- If changes have been made to the PCB document, using the Tools » Update Board command will ensure that a placed Board Isometric View is kept in-sync.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.