Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Graphic object onto the active document. A Graphic object is a non-electrical primitive that can be placed on a PCB and PCB Library document and populated with a standard image file (
Graphics are available for placement in both PCB and PCB Library Editors by:
- Choosing the Place » Graphics command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking within the design space then choosing the Place » Graphics command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter image placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor and click or press Enter to anchor the first corner of the image's frame, in which the image itself will reside.
- Move the cursor to adjust the size of the frame and click or press Enter to complete frame placement.
- The Choose Image File dialog will appear, from where you can browse to and select the required image. Select the file you wish to insert and press the Open button.
- The Import Image dialog will open, where you may preview the graphic, then determine the quality, composition, and inverted levels of the chosen image. Once all options are finalized, click Ok to complete the placement.