The Create Revision dialog
The Create Revision dialog allows you to add release notes and modify the name and description for the next revision of the item that is being released to the server. If desired, revisions of parent items related to (referencing) the current revision of the item being released can be updated also.
After creating or modifying an item, the dialog is accessed as part of the process of releasing the next revision of that item.
- Release Notes - click in the text field to add release notes for the item revision.
- Name - the name of the item.
- Revision - displays the name of the item revision. Click the button to open the Choose Item Revision dialog (a trimmed-down version of the Explorer panel) in which you can select the desired revision.
- Description - displays any description associated with the item. Click in the text field to edit the description.
- Update items related to <ModelItemRevision> - Enable this option to update revisions of parent items that are referencing the current revision of the item you are releasing. This option is enabled by default. Note that this option only appears when:
- creating a new revision of a domain model (symbols, footprints, simulation models) referenced by revisions of component items.
- creating a new revision of a component template referenced by revisions of component items.
- creating a new revision of a 3D model referenced by revisions of footprint model items.
- OK - click to release the item back to the server; its associated temporary editor is closed.