Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to move the end-points of multiple selected track segments, effectively resizing the segments.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Move » Move / Resize Tracks command from the main menus.
First, ensure the track segments whose end-points you want to move are selected in the workspace.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will be prompted to choose a track end-point. To move/resize the tracks:
- Position the cursor on the end-point of one of the segments in the selection then click or press Enter.
- Move the cursor; all of the track segments in the selection will resize dynamically while maintaining original distances and angles between each other. The other end of each segment will rubber-band to maintain its existing connection/location.
- Once the segments are in the desired location, click or press Enter to effect placement and exit movement mode.
- To cancel out of the operation, right-click or press Esc.
While moving the segments around, the following additional controls are available:
- Press the Tab key to cycle the cursor between the end-point of each track segment in the selection.
- Hold the Alt key while moving to constrain movement in a particular direction dependent on initial direction moved. Horizontal, vertical and 45 degree angle directions are possible.
- Press the Spacebar twice to quickly make all end-points of the track segments in-line with each other in either the horizontal or vertical planes. Press the Spacebar twice quickly again to return to the previous sizing.
- This command also can be used to move the end-point of a single, un-selected track segment. Note that only the Alt key additional control can be used in this case.